ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting up optional.jar
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:44:26 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:33, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Assume we move <junit> to JUnit and release Ant 1.6 without it.
> People who upgrade to 1.6 will suddenly be without this task, they'd
> be forced to upgrade their JUnit as well (to get a version with that
> task) - which also means that there has to be a new release of JUnit
> with that task before we could release Ant 1.6.

Thats easy to work around. Ant keeps its own version but deprecates it while
the JUnit one becomes the authoritive copy. For those users still wanting to
use existing functionality and not upgrade junit then they can do that. Else
they can upgrade to latest junit with the task in it.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald