ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: HTTP/SOAP tasks (Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant)
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:55:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Turner" <jeff@socialchange.net.au>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 4:53 PM
Subject: HTTP/SOAP tasks (Re: what I want to see in the next version of ant)

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:08:42PM -0700, Steve Loughran wrote:
> > Here's my list what I'd like to see in the next version of ant.
> > What do I want to see in terms of task evolution:
> >
> > 2. try and get the http tasks to work with httpclient, and so work
properly
> > 3. I also want to be able to make soap calls from inside ant; that would
be
> > slick for some deployment actions
>
> For these two, see the Anteater project, http://aft.sourceforge.net/,
> which is a functional testing (poke a URL, test the result) framework.
>
> The SOAP example being:
>
> <target name="simple">
>   <http description="Post a simple SOAP request">
>     <soapRequest href="http://services.xmethods.net:80/soap"
>     content="test/requests/get-quote">
>       <match>
>         <responseCode value="200"/>
>         <xpath
>         select="/soap:Envelope/soap:Body/n:getQuoteResponse/Result"/>
>       </match>
>     </soapRequest>
>   </http>
> </target>
>
> There's also a task to deploy an embedded Tomcat instance, which makes
> possible testing of interactive SOAP services, as well as mundane things
> like cron-driven webapp testing. There are regex, xpath, Relax NG and
> 'contentEquals' validators, and an XML/HTML reporting framework stolen
> straight from <junitreport> :)

yea, I know of anteater.

I was thinking of something less test centric, and more building soap calls
from properties and things

<soapcall endpoint="http://localhost:8080/foo/services/something"
    action="update"
    resultproperty="results"

    <param name="user" value="${user}" type="string"/>
    </soapcall>

>  - Namespace support, so I could say:
>    <xpath xmlns:soap="..."
>       select="/soap:Envelope/soap/Body"/>

have you looked at how much effort it is to add it