ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Ear.java Jar.java Zip.java
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:22:31 GMT

Erik,

a quick explanation...

Being a user of the Ant API from a task writer and a writer of code that
calls Ant, the documentation of the API is one area that pains me.

The code we sucked into maven to allow property exporting got the
documentation 'fixed' as part of normal development, but it's hard for me
to do that with the Ant codebase, as I look at it fairly infrequently and
my cvs copy is usually out of date.

Believe me, the last thing you'd want is me sending you old patches that
don't apply :)
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    "Erik Hatcher"

                    <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolu       To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    tions.com>                      cc:

                                                    Subject:     Re: cvs commit:

                    06/19/02 01:01 PM                jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
Ear.java Jar.java
                    Please respond to "Ant           Zip.java

                    Developers List"

Could not be null if you're writing an Ant build file.

Only if you are calling through the API could you pass a null.  If the
fileset is empty, that would be fine, as I'm sure could easily happen
through a build file when no files exist in the directory specified, or
none
match the includes, or all are excluded.

Don't give me a hard time.... I'm just a poor boy improving the
documentation!  :)