ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Ear.java Jar.java Zip.java
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:11:33 GMT

I know I'm in the minority. Most people don't bother writing their own
tasks, or launching Ant from inside their code, nor would I expect them
to... but I'm glad 2 hear it's getting better. 'Most folks'  don't
subscribe to ant-dev though since most folks are users.

If I get motivated enough, I'll email patches through.... but I have enough
checkstyle thrills with maven and latka to keep me busy for the time being
:)

> Besides, isn't "Ant your bitch slave"?!  :))  (I saw that in some
quotes.txt
> file you guys were committing to Maven - is that your quote?).

Nope, that one's not mine....that's bob, I think, working on a jelly kicker
for maven. I'm working on the java kicker, but it's not up to running ant
yet. Hvaing said that Bob's hit many wonderful class loader issues :)

My quote was one of the Rules of Acquisition - satisfaction is not
guaranteed. Applies to Maven as well as Ant :)
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

                    "Erik Hatcher"

                    <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolu       To:     "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                    tions.com>                      cc:

                                                    Subject:     Re: cvs commit:

                    06/19/02 03:01 PM                jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs
Ear.java Jar.java
                    Please respond to "Ant           Zip.java

                    Developers List"