ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject [myrmidon] Templating, and Container stuff
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:10:05 GMT
Hi,

I didn't get to rework the templating stuff today (work decided to throw an
end of financial year munchies fest) so it is still in a massively
primitive state and uses oodles of memory etc. However I figured I would
upload it so you can see how it looks.

Also I have been working on another container that will replace the
Embeddor and 90% of the serviceManager/ServiceKernel code in myrmidon. It
is slowly coming together and starting to look good. ie Can drop in
services anytime and add child kernels without breaking integrity of system
and building child frames becomes much easier.

The only problem is that it uses XDoclet from a while back. The main reason
is that the current XDoclet only works with Ant1.5+ while Avalon needs to
remain compatible with ant1.4.1 until 1.5 is officially released. So I am
not sure what to do. I can have two versions of XDoclet stuff (currently in
excalibur/containerkit) for each version or maybe just hold of integrating
it into myrmidon until a bit later?

What do you think?

Cheers,

Peter Donald