ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject MacOS trouble ahead?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 07:58:03 GMT
While browsing through the docs at <http://developer.apple.com> I
stumbled over this (among other things on the same page that look
scary to me):
<http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1168.html#Section5>

Especially

>> the Mac OS has no notion of text streams attached to applications,
>> so it's meaningless to try to access them. MRJ just returns null if
>> you ask Process for a stream associated with a normal app.

sounds as if we should take care of this when attaching stream pumpers
in Execute.  Also this implies that the output attribute of <exec>
doesn't work on MacOS at all (note on the same page that they've
implemented a special hack if you spawn Java).  Is this true?  Does it
apply to MacOS < 10 only?

I think we need some help from somebody more familar with Macs.

Stefan