ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug 5662
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 15:57:48 GMT
On Sat, 11 May 2002, Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>     <param name='prop' value='xyz' override='true'>

That would be my first two alternatives at once together with giving
the user a chance to chose one of them.

Given the way it works right now and how it works since 1.4.1 we even
have the choice of the default value for the override attribute - as
the behavior currently depends upon the inheritall attribute (which is
a bug).

> I really never undesrtood completely why <param> should not take
> precedence over -Ds;

So you can say "use jikes" and don't need to care whether ant task
will properly pass it down to subbuilds or not.

Stefan