ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MacOS trouble ahead?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 12:00:35 GMT
On Wed, 22 May 2002, Ian McFarland <ian@neo.com> wrote:

> The tech note you're looking at refers to MRJ 2.0/2.1/2.2, which is
> the VM (1.1.8-based) for 'Classic' (pre-OS X.)

Which still means we should be aware of them, as we (in theory)
support MacOS Y for any value of Y as long as a Java 1.1 VM is
available there.

> OS X is FreeBSD+Mach, with an environment, and shell execs, and the
> rest of it.

Yes, I knew that, but I wouldn't run a Java servlet that does image
processing on it (the second known issue from the link I've previously
posted says that any user that is currently logged in can kill Tomcat
and Tomcat will crash if nobody is logged in).  Headless operation is
a must for me as I frequently do development work over ssh.

Stefan