ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MacOS trouble ahead?
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 08:56:31 GMT
On Wed, 22 May 2002, Ian McFarland <ian@neo.com> wrote:

> Is the image processing the issue?

For me (errm, my employer), yes 8-)

> Do send me more info on the problem you're having running headless,

Run this build file

<project default="check">
  <target name="check">
    <available classname="javax.swing.ImageIcon"
               property="Esme Weatherwax" />
  </target>
</project>

Ant loading and trying to instantiate ImageIcon is enough to trigger
GUI mode - it doesn't do that on "normal" Unix, i.e. I get away
without starting a virtual framebuffer device on Linux, FreeBSD or
Solaris.

> Note that the main branch (1.6) still fails on test 21. Same way 1.5
> used to.

The 1.5 branch doesn't get merged into HEAD, only at certain points of
time.

> I'm happy to do regressions for you all you like, or get in there
> and write code if necessary, too.

I'm not aware of any specific problem ATM.

Thanks

        Stefan