ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steinar Overbeck Cook" <stei...@balder.no>
Subject Ant task for java.util.prefs.Preferences (v1.4)
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 14:46:06 GMT

Thanks a lot for providing Ant! I've been using it a lot and would like to
contribute with a Task I've just written which enables me to manipulate the
system and user preferences managed through the new J2SDK1.4 java.util.prefs
package.

This probably breaks the backwards compatibility, but nevertheless I regard
the new API as important.

Sample:

	<javaprefs node="no/balder/prefs" property="myKey" value="Steinar"
command="put" />
	<javaprefs node="no/balder/prefs" property="myKey" command="get" />
	<javaprefs node="no/balder/prefs" property="myKey" command="remove" />
	<javaprefs node="no/balder/prefs" command="removeNode" />

The above samples uses the System node as the default, this may be changed
thus:

	<javaprefs scope="user" node="no/balder/prefs" property="myKey"
command="get" />

I find this task very usefull and kind of hoped that someone else might find
use for it.

Where do I go from here?