ant-dev mailing list archives

From Craeg K Strong <cstr...@arielpartners.com>
Subject Re: <zipfileset> missing from "Concepts and Types" section of docs
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:25:54 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 03 May 2002, Craeg K. Strong <cstrong@arielpartners.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I think it would be very helpful to have a page on <zipfileset>
>>in the "Concepts and Types" section of the docs.
>

> I'm afraid this would raise the expectation that one could use them
> outside of the <zip> task-family.

I agree that is a risk.   Perhaps task-family-specific data types like
<zipfileset> and <zipgroupfileset> could be placed under a separate
heading?

I noticed that several developers I work with did not know that
they could be used in the <jar> task (they are mentioned in
one teeny little paragraph, but you have to read fairly closely).
Some of the developers did not even see them in the <zip> documentation
(you have to read down to the end :-)

I put the question to the group:  is there some clever way we
could raise the visibility of task-family-specific data types?

If someone can come up with a good idea that we agree on, I would
be happy to submit some patches...

Regards,

--Craeg