ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject ProjectHelper.configureProject()
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 15:35:42 GMT
I have been working on a custom ProjectHelper for a little while now.  It
doesn't do anything fancy, it just makes sure the buildfile supplied to it
exists and is up-to-date with respect to some other files.  If it isn't, it
is updated and then processed by Ant's default ProjectHelperImpl.  I could
have solved this differently, but it seemed most convenient and the clean to
do it like this.

I notied that the ProjectHelper interface (or actually class) has a parse()
method which takes an Object as a parameter to parse the Project from.  I
guess this is intended for future use, because it's called by the
configureProject() method, which gets a File as input to configure the
Project from.

Also I was wondering why it isn't entirely up to the ProjectHelper to create
the Project instance.  The way it is now it wouldn't be possible to create a
Project subclass and use that instead, because several classes in Ant create
instances of it directly.  Maybe a ProjectFactory would be useful here?

Regards,

--
knut