ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: junit problem with ant 1.5Beta1
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 21:01:55 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Brunson" <charles.brunson@sun.com>
To: "ant-dev" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: junit problem with ant 1.5Beta1

> I've done a little more digging into this and I *think* it's a bug
> in ant 1.5Beta1. If not then maybe someone can explain to me what
> I'm doing wrong. I believe it's a bug in:
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter
>
> I can't tell if it's trying to load some kind of native code or it's
> simply referencing a class that doesn't exist.

Its a classpath problem; I've hit it too. I dont think it is necessarily a
1.5 problem; it may have existed before. And we dont have it fully tracked
down to the root cause. (see the mails titled "
Crimson hard coded into junit" in the cool new ant-dev mail archive :
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=4

org/w3c/dom/Node
> at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatte
r(FormatterElement.java:183)
> at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.createAndStoreF
ormatter(JUnitTestRunner.java:550)
> at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestR
unner.java:495)
> neurosis%

> Let me know if it's something I'm doing wrong and what I need to do
> differently.

problem is that either there is no jaxp api stuff in your classpath...it
looks like the resultformatter is operating inside the classpath used for
the actual junit tests; if it cant find jaxp+xerces or crimson things fail.

1. try setting fork = true
2. add an xml parser to the runtime classpath

BTW, do you have j2ee on your CP? And if so what version?