ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Beta 2 Action Plan Notice
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 19:58:07 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 3:07 AM
Subject: Beta 2 Action Plan Notice

> I plan to start building the second beta in the
> afternoon(+) of June 1.  Please try to complete
> all your planned commits to the beta1 branch as
> well as the 1.6 alpha trunk by the afternoon of
> the _31st_.  I will try to open up the tree for
> commits as soon as I can on June 1.
>
> I see that there are two outstanding patches -
> * the one to Move from Ovidiu
> * the one to Selectors from Bruce
>
> Is there anything else?  If nobody gets to
> review and commit the above patches by the
> aforesaid time, I will do it just before I start
> building the second beta.

Keiths got some patches to put in, I havent had a chance to sit down and
pull them in, but I will trust him that they work, on the basis the existing
tests pass.

There are still some outstanding jspc issues
 -cant handle 900+ files in one go
 -doesnt handle files called 404.jsp
 -doesnt do directories

#1 we can address on ourselves, #2 is a jasper issue, and #3 we may be able
to hack around.

I also have the patches to JavaEnvUtils and AntClassloader to handle
java-version-specific base classes (java, javax,org.omg, org.w3c....);
Dominiques suggested redesign of the patches I posted earlier.

These are still on the HDD of a dead notebook and I wont have them by
1-june; I may have to pull the original patch from the archives and to the
rework again.