ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:18:42 GMT
On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, GOMEZ Henri <hgomez@slib.fr> wrote:

> but there is just too many external commercials products (weblogic,
> starteam, vaj) which prevent us from making rpm for all of them.

I know that.  I dodn't mean to say you should provide RPMs for them.
All I wanted to point out is that people use ANT_HOME/lib in a way
that cannot be solved by RPMs only.

> That's why I asked you this week how did you build the optional
> jar

Jon Skeet has written a tool that can create stubs from the original
jars and we can compile against these stubs.  Nothing functional, just
the interfaces necessary to compile Ant.  As we are not sure about any
legal implications, we won't distribute this stub library.

You can get evaluation copys of all jars Ant requires AFAIK.

Stefan