ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anybody with GnuPG or PGP on Windows?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 06:23:39 GMT
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> > (Too bad you can't just exec 'stty -echo' :)
>>
>> Don't laugh, I've tried it some weeks ago - unfortunately it
>> doesn't work.
>
> It'd work from $HOME/.antrc:

Erm, sure - I wanted to do it from inside Java, not at the shell
level.  An attribute to input that would turn echo off for things like
passwords has been the idea.

>> And even if it did, I wouldn't win anything.  GnuPG and PGP
>> work on Unix and I don't think stty is an option on Windows.

GnuPG doesn't read the passphrase from stdin on Unix - no echo at all
and the input gets to the forked executable automagically.

Stefan