ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Ant article in German magazine
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:53:55 GMT
Today I found an article about Ant in a German magazine (iX - Magazin
für professionelle Informationstechnik, issue 5/2002).

It is a rather basic article, but it is only the first part of a
series and I think the focus of the series is interesting.  It is not
so much about "what to do with Ant" but more "how do I get my team to
collaborate with the help of tools like Ant".

The author is Dierk König an XP coach at Canoo Engineering in Basel,
Switzerland.  One can feel the XP background at several places (when
he talks about communication through the build file for example).

Unfortunately there is no online version of the article (which is in
German, anyway) and the publisher has chosen to put the rather
misleading headline "Ant statt make" (Ant instead of make) on the
cover.  The article calls Ant an alternative to make but doesn't say
anything about make after that.  Why should it?

Another intersting thing from the same magazine issue: It contains a
product review of IDEA (which is online at
<http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/2002/05/092/>) - Ant integration is
listed as a plus 8-)

Stefan