ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:57:19 GMT

>>I must have missed some mails here, and it is a bit hard to
>>understand what is discussed here.

partly my fault as I didn't notice that we were crossposting until
recently.

<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101939741700005&r=1&w=2> and
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=101955265800001&r=1&w=2> should give
you the pieces missing from ant-dev.

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, GOMEZ Henri <hgomez@slib.fr> wrote:

>>I guess objective is to make those different scripts closer, right ?

I'd love to have a single script if that is possible.

> But before then we should make ant developpers a little
> more happy with our scripts and layouts.

My guess is that the layout is something that has been set into stone
and there is nothing much we can do about.

> The more we have in common with original ant script, the
> better it will be. Also less works for us to patch it when
> they (ant developpers) modify it for platform we didn't
> actually track since they're not (yet) rpm based.

What concerns me the most is that we (ant developers) get bug reports
against your scripts and cannot do much about them.  This is my main
reason that I ask for a single script.

Stefan