ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant check.xml
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:21:26 GMT
> I've added my checkstyle build file for ant to CVS. It now
> checks that all the
> source files have the Apache License in the appropriate format.
>
> Currently 17492 "violations" based on the CVS version of
> checkstyle :-)

To what extent is it okay to fix trivial things up? For instance, in the "base" ant package,
quite a few of these warnings (last time I tried this anyway) came from someone writing final
static instead of static final - fixing it is utterly trivial, but I wasn't sure whether it
would be a reasonable thing to do at this stage of the 1.5 cycle.

Jon