ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor ExecutionFrame.java
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:59:54 GMT
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:20, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:49, Darrell DeBoer wrote:
> > We probably need to make sure that each service is obtaining references
> > to other services via the Servicable interface, and create *all* child
> > services before calling Servicable.service(). (Currently the
> > DefaultDeployer calls "service" when creating a child, but there's no
> > guarantee that all of the other scoped services would be available at
> > that time.)
>
> Good point.  That call to service() shouldn't really be there.  We should
> probably make the contract of ScopedService.createChild() that it only
> creates an instance of the service, and it is the responsibility of the
> caller to run the new instance through the lifecycle steps (which the
> instance can choose to ignore, of course).

I am not so sure thats a great idea as then we have to know exactly the
ordering for each scoped service. We would also have to worry about what
"context" information each service requires to create new scope. I would
prefer for it to be done completely internally to service or not done at all
(and instead done by the container of services).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald