ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [myrmidon] CVS move
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:33:27 GMT
Hiya,

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:17, Darrell DeBoer wrote:
> > I have slowly been moving code across to the new CVS. It currently
> > doesn't work but it all compiles ;) Heres the things that still need
> > doing. Need to
>
> Wow! I go away for a week and look what happens... :)

:)

> > * move across the ant1compat layer.
>
> It looks like this is now moved, but I don't imagine that it's functional.
> I'll have a look at it in the next couple of days. (Hopefully, I can
> reuse/extend the build templates that Adam is working on, but I haven't had
> a chance to look at it yet).

kool.

> After that, I plan to work on 2 things:
> 1) GUMP run using Myrmidon. I've managed to get a regular GUMP run going;
> now it's time to try it out using Myrmidon.

I finally got gump running locally aswell but haven't had a chance to do any
playing yet ;(

> 2) Refactor the passing of "context" from the the Embedding app ->
> Workspace -> Project Execution -> Task, so that:
>    a) An app hosting Myrmidon has more control over setting up the
> environment which is inherited by Embeddor (current only has Parameters, me
> thinks?)
>     b) Ant/AntCall can setup listeners, references and TaskDefs which
> should be passed to the executed target.
> I was thinking of introducing a ContainerContext (or ExecutionContext?)
> which can be passed into the Embeddor, which could create a child context
> for each workspace, which could then create a child context for each
> Project execution, and so on... This should make it easier to introduce
> scoped properties as well.

Sounds good. We need to simplify the interfaces and hide a lot of the
complexity behind a simple facade. One of the facades was going to be
something that abstracted away the task execution into something simpler and
more manage-able and the other that basically refactor the features provided
by AbstractContainerTask into a service and the service just delegates to
underlying "real" services.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald