ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anybody with GnuPG or PGP on Windows?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:50:24 GMT
On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:17, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Actually I just wanted an interactive version to start with, and using
> exec as is works perfectly well on Unix.
>
> Peter's suggestion may work, but it means that Ant will store the
> passphrase somewhere (even if it was just for the time the build is
> running) *and* the passphrase was echoed to the terminal you used to
> invoke Ant (I couldn't find a way to suppress echo from within Java
> yet).

I am not sure I understand you exactly. What I was suggesting was passing in
the passphrase on a filedescriptor (stdin in the example). So it never needs
to be echoes anywhere. You just store it in memory in the <input/> task and
use it in the gpg task. If you were relaly paranoid you could delete the
property after ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete