ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mail...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] FW: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:40:03 GMT
Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote the 2002-04-30 15:23:11

> Looks like you didn't diff against the head rev, since the change I
> put through yesterday in the case isn't there.

I admit I didn't diff agains the cvs version but against the last one I
posted. If you'll look at it, you'll see it's a pretty big rewrite so I
fear it has no chance to be commited before every one agree on it. So
for now it's developed in parallel with the cvs version.

I'd love to see the remaining sticking points agreed on so it can be
commited in ant cvs and the remaining small problems ironed out via
normal ant-dev processes. In fact, if the use on generic java functions
is approved by the community, full merge of jpackage and original ant
scripts could proceed very fast (btw that's why most of this thread is
crossposted between ant-dev and jpackage-devel). I did fix some very
real bugs of the cvs scripts so it'd be a pitty if this work was not
accepted.

> BTW: If we're now allowing && and ||, please feel free to change my
> change to the more succinct syntax. (I'd wanted to do all that the
> first time I ever looked at the 'ant' script :)

I used it because this is a partial merge of jpackage ideas and we use
the succint syntax extensively for our scripts. Since no one have argued
against this point of the rewrite for now, I guess it's ok to use.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot