ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Exit.java Filter.java FixCRLF.java GenerateKey.java Get.java Jar.java
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:35:13 GMT
From: <bodewig@apache.org>

> bodewig     02/04/11 07:28:01
>
>   Modified:    src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Exit.java
Filter.java
>                         FixCRLF.java GenerateKey.java Get.java Jar.java
>   Log:
>   Use FileUtils instead of yet another touch method in <get>.
>
>   cosmetics.
>

>            if (!isFiltersFromFile && !isSingleFilter) {
>   -            throw new BuildException("both token and value parameters,
or only a filtersFile parameter is required", location);
>   +            throw new BuildException("both token and value parameters,
or "
>   +                                     + "only a filtersFile parameter is
"
>   +                                     + "required", location);
>            }

Which is more important - performance or 80 characters at most per
line?

I think we should go with private static final Strings in cases
like above and allow them exceed the 80 character limit so as to
get maximum performance.

I would like us to stick to 80 chars per line only if it
is not going to adversely impact runtime performance.

Do you agree?

Cheers,
Magesh