ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tagging and Branching Plan
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:19:54 GMT

* rich, by promising to protect each from the *
* other. --- Oscar Ameringe                   *
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: Tagging and Branching Plan

Hi,

I have committed what I wanted to do to main branch. However I not committed
one file because it is a lil untested at this stage and I would prefer to
keep it out until I can test it fully. Would you mind if I committed it in a
day or so? If not I can commit it tomorrow morning and just make the
deadline
(but may end having to bugfix it on the branch which I am loath to do).

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:00, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> Hi,
> This is to let all the committers know the following:
>
> * I will be creating a branch for Ant 1.5 beta
>   sometime on May 1st.
>
> * Please try to get in any changes that you want
>   reflected in Ant 1.5 beta by Apr 30th.
>
> * Please do not perform any commits to the main
>   trunk on May 1st until you see a branch created,
>   and once it is created, you can go ahead and
>   start committing either against the 1.5 Beta
>   branch or the 1.6 Alpha branch, depending upon
>   what you are trying to do.  I will send a short
>   note out later on how to commit against branches,
>   just in case it is useful to somebody.
>
> Cheers,
> Magesh

> *  "Progress might have been all right once,   *
> *  but it has gone on too long." -- Ogden Nash *

Cheers,

Peter Donald