ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntTest Test Failure: WinNT 4.0, JDK 1.3.0_02, 1.4.0_b92
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:59:48 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 11:26 PM
Subject: AntTest Test Failure: WinNT 4.0, JDK 1.3.0_02, 1.4.0_b92

> This exception occurs in WinNT, using JDK 1.4, but not on 1.3...
> I didn't see this happening on FreeBSD.

FWIW at work, I have had very strange behavior with Velocity and context
tools running with JDK 1.4 (this is a Turbine/Velocity based webapp). I did
not have time to look into it as JDK 1.4 is not our target but was related
to introspection (roughly it is a hashmap that is put into the velocity
context and a
#foreach  iterates over all values but it is like all these values are null
(while they are not)). This is nothing fancy but it happens only with JDK
1.4 and works perfectly with JDK 1.3

I suspect there possibly are some reflection regressions in JDK 1.4 due to
the rewrite of a lot of methods for performance reasons but it is only a
guess.