ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More testcase trouble: JspcTest this time
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:35:28 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com>

> > Just wanted to send this out to see if somebody
> > can find this problem before I find it...
>
> jasper should be catching an error (throwing 9); it is returning 1
instead.

> what version of jasper are you running?

It returns 1 because java is not able to find
org/apache/jasper/JspC and therefore a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError is generated.
I think I have the latest released version,
whatever it is.

However, jasper.jar *is* present in lib/optional.
Investigating further, I notice that this task
loads up all jars with a bad base path: for example,
while in debug mode, I get the following message:

dropping
D:\jakarta-ant\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\optional\lib\optional\jasper.jar
from path as it doesn't exist

(All the jars that are present in lib/, lib/optional
also get dropped).

I suspect it has to do with the way classpath
is being handled/created in Jspc, but I am not sure.

Please note that when I launch the tests using
"build test", I have absolutely nothing in my system
classpath, as I want to make sure that I do
a 'clean' test.

Cheers,
Magesh