ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Delete task is EVILEVILEVIL!!!
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:57:04 GMT
Diane,
Look at www.winternals.com ,
http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/filerestore.asp

I thought that they might have had a free product at their sister site,
www.sysinternals.com , but the one there only protects you from making
the mistake in the first place.  (Their fundelete extends your recycle
bin to include the command prompt, and allows cool filtering
capabilities, but doesn't restore files lost prior to installing their
software).

winternals File Restore, on the other hand, will attempt to recover
files from all windows file system types.

It looks like it runs around $40

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> holtdl@yahoo.com 2/12/02 9:58:13 PM >>>
--- costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> What OS do you use ? You may be able to find some tools to recover
lost
> files ( assuming you didn't used too much the disk after the
accident,
> you could recover a lot ). I don't know about NTFS, but for FAT and
> ext it is possible.

NT, with Cygwin -- f/s type is NTFS. (I've recovered data under Unix
before, but I don't know doodley about NT internals -- but maybe I
should
go cruise the web and see if there's any info out there.)

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)