ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: antlib descriptor
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:10:23 GMT
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Adam Murdoch <adammurdoch_ml@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I want to change the Foo.addBar() case to work similar to the way
> Mutant does, with a 'type' attribute.  The type attribute would be
> optional.

[...]

> Given that myrmidon doesn't actually use roles during configuration,

In my previous mail I assumed, it did, sorry.

Maybe it should, instead of using an additional attribute like Mutant?
This could lead to an inflation of roles, though.

> we should decide how syntax is going to work, and then worry about
> whether roles should be a visible part of the solution.

If we make roles invisible in the descriptor, we make it impossible
for library providers to define their own pluggable elements in just
that descriptor, don't we?

Stefan