ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WARN] Removing the file attribute from <zip> and friends tomorrow
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:06:06 GMT
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:04, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Why people would want to use one nightly build and adapt to it but
>> not want to adapt to yet another nightly build.
>
> the majority of people don't know they are using a nightly ?

So don't impose it on them - ahh, the benefits of putting jars into
CVS.

I'm in favor of not supporting this style of development (rely on
alpha code and don't track the development list of the product in
question).

> However the change has been too long in codebase to completely
> remove.

I can follow your reasoning to a certain degree, but I'm afraid this
would be going to set a precedent as it almost forces us to veto any
changes until we've voted on attribute names or something.

Stefan