ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ScriptDef
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:17:56 GMT
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> But this approach comes at some cost, as you are potentially
>> locking out languages supported by BSF - which Peter's approach
>> would not.
>
> I am only talking to BSF so it is possible that other scripting
> languages may also work.

I must admit that I'm not familiar enough with BSF to know.  I'm not
as much concerned about the call method, but on how you identify the
attributes - you must be searching for "functions" that follow the
setter naming conventions and this may or may not work for some of the
supported languages.

> I've only tested it out with Rhino, which is an important start for
> me.

We need to learn from the users how and where they use scripts right
now.  My guess is that javascript is the language used by most of
those, who use the <script> task.

>> I see this part as something that is vaguely related to setting
>> user preferences.
>
> We've talked about this for a while now.

So true.

Stefan