ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdef s Zip.java
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:38:13 GMT
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@apache.org> wrote:

> The revision number 1.47 (Tagged for Ant 1.4) does not contain
> the method setFile(File).  IOW, it has not been 'released' yet.

The file attribute has been in the not-for-the-release branch before
Ant 1.4.1 has been released - that's what Pete is talking about.

> Since we seem to have reached a stale mate, let me propose
> a new set of guidelines with respect to introduction of new
> attributes which just rename an existing one.

As we've already reached the point that we are unable to remove any
deprecated things ever, we can as well remove all deprectaion
warnings, you are right.  I don't like it, but guess I have to live
with that.  +0 to your proposals.

If we remove all deprecation warnings, can we please still mark the
old stuff as deprecated in the documentation - so that new users can
be happier.

And really, let's not drop the "remove all deprecated features" goal
for Ant2.

> * Each alaised name should live in harmony with its 'aliasees'.

They already do so, don't they?

Stefan