ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cullers
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:49:09 GMT
I must admit that I haven't really read any code, neither in the
selectors nor in the cullers proposal, I'm just putting together some
comments based on the mails.

I agree with Bruce that placing the (de)selection actions directly
into <fileset> rather than nesting them into patterns looks and feels
more natural.  After all you are putting together a set of files and
not a set of patterns that way.

Rob's syntax idea is intriguing.

When David Rees first talked about cullers, I needed Conor and Peter
to explain the word to me.  OK, I'm German, but I'm sure we have some
more non-English users. 8-) So lets try to find a better word.
Selector is fine, why should the mechanism only exclude things?

Stefan