ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LoadFile task
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 06:40:25 GMT
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
> From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>

>> I am working on creating this in a more generic
>> way and I don't like comments="#,-" approach very
>> much...
>
> slick

Yes.

> I'd request that there is a filterreader interface that they are all
> derived of, and that that if you spec a short name
> 'ZapLineCommentsFilterReader' then there is no need to give the full
> path.

Or even shorter than that 8-)

We should follow the same logic like mappers, compiler implementations
or junit formatters.  Provide short names for the built-in options and
take everything that is not recognized as a class name.

BTW, you'll probably need nested classpath elements sooner or later.

> One issue: how do you pass parameters to the filters. Something like
> a strip line breaks filter needs to know the char to replace it by;
> the comment filter needs them too. Perhaps a <param name value> pair
> is needed there.

Yes, seems like the best choice in Ant 1.x design.  I've been thinking
about something similar for a <usercondition> for user defined
conditions.

Stefan