ant-dev mailing list archives

From "ram g" <ram66...@hotmail.com>
Subject Ant-Property-Classpath
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:44:16 GMT
hi

I have a a set of build files that use proeprty tags to define classpath ,
tomacthome,utility dirs that i use while building .jar files and so on.

I run ant in my root\build which inturn invokes the build in lower folders
.so all build get executed sequentially in one shot.

This works fine.

I attempted re-structuring the build code , by removing repetitive tags and
code.

i found property tags toset classpath,home and build.dir being repeated all
over.

So created a include.xml file in the root moved these property tags to this
file.

Modified the other builds to invoke this root\include.xml in their init
target.

When i tried executing the build, it failed saying the property values that
i had set in the root\include.xml are invalid.

I tried echoing these property names & found they are invalid.

Now Im forced to add the code in all build files as earlier.

Can u help with a solution........

What do i do to make my property tag settings @ root stay valid in all
subsequent build files ?

Help Me !