ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: A question for the other committers...
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:26:55 GMT
> >In theory, I now have commit access. Indeed, I've got the SSH tunnel
> >working fine and my CVS location of
> >:pserver:jskeet@localhost:/home/cvs
> >seems to work fine to fetch - but I still can't commit :(
>
> what do you use ? mindterm ?

Putty for the SSH tunnel (partly due to Putty being written by a friend of mine :) and Eclipse
as the SSH client.

> >cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
> >'/home/cvs/CVSROOT/Emptydir' (/home/cvs/CVSROOT/Emptydir/#cvs.lock):
> >Permission denied
> >cvs server: lock failed - giving up
> >cvs [server aborted]: lock failed - giving up
>
> I have this error when using the cvs.exe from cygwin (1.11
> client/server)
> rather than the 1.11 client.
> I'm no expert in cvs but this is what I have noticed. did not
> investigate.

Ah, is it a 1.11 server? That could well be it - I believe there have been some problems using
Eclipse against CVS 1.11.

> >Is there anything I need to do on the CVS server to get permission to
> >create that lock directory?
>
> You might want to create your ssh2 key to avoid pain (I
> recently went into
> this -painfully- because tunnelling was getting on my nerves)
> I'm assuming
> you are into ~/.ssh on your computer that you have a .ssh directory in
> cvs.apache.org

Done that bit already - that bit's no problem (well, after fiddling around with different
names in order to get an SSH2 key working :) Thanks anyway though!

Jon