ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: Delete task is EVILEVILEVIL!!!
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:29:22 GMT
> --- costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> > What OS do you use ? You may be able to find some tools to
> recover lost
> > files ( assuming you didn't used too much the disk after
> the accident,
> > you could recover a lot ). I don't know about NTFS, but for FAT and
> > ext it is possible.
>
> NT, with Cygwin -- f/s type is NTFS. (I've recovered data under Unix
> before, but I don't know doodley about NT internals -- but
> maybe I should
> go cruise the web and see if there's any info out there.)

Powerquest has a now FREE available tool called Lost&Found. I am not shure
if it supports NTFS...

Something like this happened to me last year when I accidently fdisked the
wrong disk-drive. The Win2k Storage management confused me (I waf used to
fdisk :-). Lost&Found helped me way back when. I bought it for 150 bucks,
but now they give it away for free...

Greetings,
Chris