ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ScriptDef
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:52:40 GMT
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:22, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> I have prototyped a new task in mutant which I'd like to get feedback
> from anyone interested. It is called scriptdef and allows you to define
> a task as a script. Here is an example

Similar to what I prototyped except with a syntax that did away with
getters. Essentially it was simplified to just

<scriptdef name="scripttest" language="javascript">
  <param name="test" default="hello"/>
  <logic>
<![CDATA[
      java.lang.System.out.println("test is " + test);
      modelElementClass = context.getModelElement().getClass().getName();
      java.lang.System.out.println("model element class is " +
 modelElementClass);
    }
      ]]>
  </logic>
</scriptdef>

If you want to do scripting you generally want a small simple script which I
think the above is.

--
Cheers,

Pete