ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/proposal/myrmidon/src/testcases/org/apache/myrmidon/components/configurer ConfigTest10.java StringToMyRole1Converter.java DefaultConfigurerTest.java MyRole1.java
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 07:30:35 GMT
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:49, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> > > The motivation for this change was to allow a data type to be used in
> > > <property>, TypeInstanceTask, and as a parameter to add() methods.
> >
> > Im not sure I follow you here. If I have a
> >
> > add( MyRole value );
> >
> > will that look up in the registry under MyRole or DataType?
>
> DataType.  Same as <property> and TypeInstanceTask.

I still don't understand the motivation for this. Instead of MyRole lets say

interface Condition extends DataType {}

add( Condition c );

Why would you want to look up an arbitrary DataType? Wouldn't it be best to
just look up types that implement Condition?

> > If it is looking
> > up the registry under DataType - what happens in the following case
> >
> > <role shortname="foo" class="com.biz.Foo"/>
> > <role shortname="bar" class="com.biz.Bar"/>
> >
> > <foo name="mytype" class="..."/>
> > <bar name="mytype" class="..."/>
> >
> > Both types have the same name but different roles. So what would
> > happen here ?
>
> Not sure whether you're asking about 2 classes or one single class here?

2 different classes - ie

> <foo name="mytype" class="Class1"/>
> <bar name="mytype" class="Class2"/>

> > BTW I noticed you removed the
> >
> > myException.fillInStackTrace() when exceptions were rethrown -
> > what was the
> > motivation for that?
>
> Laziness (my primary motivation :)

excellent!

> - so that the original stack trace was
> there for me to click on in IDEA.  I can put it back if you like.

No need for now. When re start stabilizing and releasing to the public it
will be good to go back and do it though.

--
Cheers,

Pete