ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WARN] Removing the file attribute from <zip> and friends tomorrow
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:46:23 GMT
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:12, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:
> > I would say delay it forever because quite a few people are using it
> > despite the fact that it is CVS only ;)
>
> I don't really understand this, sorry.

What you dont understand why people or using it or why we should should
support these people?

> Which nightly build of Ant are you using there?  How many bugs have
> been fixed since then?  At the same time you update Ant for all these
> projects, you could add the four letters dest to the attribute name in
> the build files.

It is trivial to update the projects at Apache and some of the ones at
sourceforge. however it is not so easy to update others that are not
opensource or that we can't contact. The majority of Avalons users are not
opensource peeps though so ... what exactly is the problem with these 3
lines?

--
Cheers,

Pete