ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] simple input framework
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:10:00 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> In proposal/sandbox/input I've started a very simple framework that
> allows tasks to ask for user input and allows IDEs to intercept these
> requests - it also allows input to be read from a properties file,
> allowing interactive builds to be run in an unattended batch mode.

This is cool.

Just one comment:

In DefaultInputHandler, instead of doing

if (request instanceof MultipleChoiceInputRequest) {
  compose prompt
}

please consider moving that logic to MultipleChoiceInputRequest.getPrompt()
which would override InputRequest's getPrompt() method.

> I don't like the way the name of the property file gets passed to
> PropertyFileInputHandler - currently a system property - but couldn't
> come up with a better one without breaking the isolation between
> InputHandler and Project.

ok.

> I'd like to see this proposal being accepted for the 1.5 time frame so
> that we don't distribute <input> with its current limitations.

+1 for this to be moved to the main development tree.

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh