ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: A question for the other committers...
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:25:58 GMT
Also, one thing you have to do is check everything out as jskeet and not
anoncvs as you were using before.  Could that be the problem?  I had to wipe
out my directory and start from scratch again (of course make a backup copy
and copy back in any changed files, just not any CVS directories!).

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Skeet" <jon.skeet@peramon.com>
To: "Ant developers (E-mail)" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 5:35 AM
Subject: A question for the other committers...

In theory, I now have commit access. Indeed, I've got the SSH tunnel
working fine and my CVS location of
:pserver:jskeet@localhost:/home/cvs
seems to work fine to fetch - but I still can't commit :(

The process starts, but then (after specifying the comment) I get:

cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
'/home/cvs/CVSROOT/Emptydir' (/home/cvs/CVSROOT/Emptydir/#cvs.lock):
Permission denied
cvs server: lock failed - giving up
cvs [server aborted]: lock failed - giving up

Is there anything I need to do on the CVS server to get permission to
create that lock directory?

Cheers,
Jon