ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject removing some classes
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:15:19 GMT
Hi,

there are some classes in Ant's CVS tree that have never been anything
but dead code in any released version of Ant AFAIK, in particular:

org.apache.tools.ant.Constants
org.apache.tools.ant.DesirableFilter
org.apache.tools.ant.Launcher
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CompileTask
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JavacOutputStream
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ManifestFile

As people new to Ant may get confused by them (we had people refer to
Launcher as Ant's entry point), I'd like to zap them.  Any problems
with this?

There are some other classes that have become dead code later,
especially in Ant 1.2 when we switched to the newer execution
framework, i.e.

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Exec
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Jikes
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.JikesOutputParser
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.TaskOutputStream

Instead of removing them (I think there are some people who still
extend Exec) I'd like to add some even more annoying warnings to them.

Stefan