ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Helping out?
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:39:33 GMT
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Darren Edmonds <u7dle2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> appologies if this message should be sent to someone else ...

No, you are exactly where you wanted to go 8-)

> I have subscribed to the mailing list, downloaded the code, tried to
> understand all the emails flying about ! :-)

If you did, you could explain one or the other to me.

> Now I want to get involved.

Welcome.

> Basically, I am offering my help as a programmer, how do I go about
> getting involved in coding something?

It depends upon how much time you have to contribute and what part of
Ant you are really intersted in.

If you look at the bug reports and enhancement requests in bugzilla,
there are a couple of things that are rather small but need to be done
by somebody.  Starting there would help you to get familiar with the
current Ant code base.

Then we have a listing of tasks that should be tackled in a more
experimental setup, see <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/actionlist.html>.

Just hang around here and see what people are talking about.  Ask
questions, voice your opinion ...

Cheers

        Stefan