ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types E numeratedAttribute.java
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:17:27 GMT

But sometimes late is too late...you know...the mythical man month... :)

> Not really viable to cleanup the majority of stuff due to backwards
> compatability. We can clean it for Ant2 and I have been
> gradually doing this
> in the myrmidon proposal but it is just not justifiable in Ant1.x ;(

Do you really think that respecting/modifying indent, brace, and naming of
'private' attribute will break backward compatibility. :-)

[Eclipse..sorry it's Jeff McAffer]

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=99859615332616&w=2

> If you want but I think we should leave of till Ant2 to try
> an enforce it or
> anything and I think it should focus less on typographic
> features and more on making things easier to evolve

What do we do about the task attributes which are obviouslly critical ? I
believe this is common practice to reference the project attribute rather
than the project getter, so I guess we can do nothing about this one. But do
we have to wait until there is more and more tasks using it ?

In the same vein 'maybe' I broke someone's task because I switched the
attributes of EnumeratedAttribute to private.... :-(

Stephane