ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Virtual FileSystem Layer
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2001 02:27:40 GMT
Hi,

Brilliant! I just copied your email and added it into CVS under
docs/ant2/VFS.txt - hope thats ok ;)

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:06, Adam Murdoch wrote:
...snip...
> What's missing?  What shouldn't be on the list?

I guess there was only two other things you missed that I would add - both
are related. These are

* efficient way to search a particular node type. Different node types will
require different strategies to search and index and thus we will need to be
able to create particular search controls/scanners for different node types.
The nodesets return by these search controls may not even be fully resolved
until you actually try to access elements from the nodelist. Does that make
sense?
* caching of indexing information. Ideally you don't want to load the index
for a zip over and over again. Nor do you want to keep index information for
all VFS nodes in memory. We need an efficient caching mechanism for this sort
of stuff.

--
Cheers,

Pete