ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: CVS Problem [was RE: Ant contributor]
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:54:23 GMT
the issue may be

1. you wrote the files and submitted them
3 someone else checked them in
3. when you do a CVS update it sees that you have files of the same name, so
does not d/l the CVS versions; they are "eclipsed", in clearcase terminology
4. The error message "I know nothing about" is kind of correct, what it
means is "this is not a CVS managed file"

so

move your versions out the way, do an update, drop your files in, start
diffing.

-steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Cohen" <SteveC@ignitesports.com>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 2:02 PM
Subject: RE: CVS Problem [was RE: Ant contributor]

Damn, you're right.  In a fresh directory it works.  What could I
possibly be doing wrong?

The only difference is that with the fresh checkout, there IS no
difference.  But when I submit a file to the differencer that I've
changed, I get this "I know nothing about ..." message.  It sounds like
this error message may be spurious.  Somehow the differencer is getting
confused?

Odd.