ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: includes, excludes, etc.: Attributes vs. Elements?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:15:54 GMT
On 15 Sep 2001, Weiqi Gao <weiqigao@networkusa.net> wrote:

> I believe the answer to the question is that all PatternSet related
> behavior of Ant tasks are inherited from the MatchingTask class,
> therefore they all behave exactly the same as far as the five
> PatternSet attributes are concerned.

This is only true for a subset of tasks that support
filesets/patternsets - not all of them extend MatchingTask.

> I.e., they all have the five attributes, and they all allow the five
> elements, each one possibly appearing multiple times.

If the implementation extends MatchingTask, yes.

Most newer tasks don't extend MatchingTask but support FileSets
directly - <fileset> itself supports all five attributes and all child
elements that <patternset> itself supports.

Stefan