ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dmitry A. Kuminov" <d...@sch79.alien.ru>
Subject Bug in Execute.java
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:08:22 GMT
Hello All!

I'm using Ant under OS/2 and Java 1.1.8 and I've found a bug in
org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\Execute.java related to launching commands under OS/2 (according
the last version of Execute.java I've downloaded from the cvs a couple of days ago). The matter
is
the Execute.sellLauncher variable is initialized with a WinNTCommandLauncher object when 'os.name'

is OS/2, but the synthax of 'cd' (change dir) command used to change the current drive along
with
the current directory ('/d' command line switch) is not valid under OS/2 and causes the system

error message. So, execution of any program/command via the command line shell is not possible.

I've fixed this bug by writting the OS2CommandLauncher class and correcting the initialization
of
the shellLauncher, but I'm not familiar with cvs and I don't know what format of diff-files
is used
by Ant developers (I have only GDIFF format utility) and where should I put my diff. Can anybody

give me a tip?

P.S. I've found that the <description> datatype under the scope the of the <project>
tag does not
work correctly, i.e. in the case of multiline description defined in buildfile only the last
line
is shown by the '-projecthelp' Ant's command line switch. Does this bug present under other

OSes/Java versions?