ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Listener task
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:49:17 GMT

One of the "optional" tasks I need is <listener>. It will have the same
effect as a -listener option on the command line ( use the parameter to
create a class and add it to the project listeners ).

It's easy to do - but there are some problems:

- it needs to be specified under <project>, same as top-level properties
and taskdefs. This would allow it to eventually replace the default
logger before the first message.

- it will miss the events before it's execution. That's fine if listeners
are specified at the beggining and a dummy buildStarted is sent.

Does it sounds crazy ? Any chance to get this in the optional pack ?

If it does, can I at least ask for a "nologger" option that would start
ant without any listener ?

Costin